||14 nov 2017
||27 nov 2017
War Child believes no child should be part of war. Ever. Children have the right to grow up in peace, free from fear and violence. To develop their full potential and become the person they want to be. War Child makes a lasting impact. By protecting children from violence and offering psychosocial support and education. We unleash the children’s inner strength with our creative and involving approach. And inspire as many people as we can to participate in our cause. War Child is both implementing its own programmes and cooperating with a variety of partner organizations in 16 countries around the world. www.warchildholland.org
Grant administration and departmental support
- Ensure accurate and up to date administration;
- Manage archives and, on request, providing files / documents;
- Compile summaries for internal and external stakeholders;
- Responsible for organisation of team meetings, including facilities and minutes;
- Support coordination of grant applications upon request, including collecting and producing general parts of the submission.
Project monitoring and support
- Support development and implementation of organisation wide projects: preparation, implementation and monitoring. Communication of project status and results;
- Support development and implementation of policies, processes, guidelines and non-financial tools, systems and methods;
- Support development of training packages for the organisation to build capacity and organisation of trainings.
Functie-eisen en profiel
As the Grant Officer you support the Manager and the team members of the Programme Partnerships and Grants department in delivering the objectives of the department. You do this through accurate grant administration, processing relevant data, providing timely information and providing general grant, administrative and organisational support. You report to the Manager of the department.
- HBO or Academic working level with relevant background in development/international cooperation;
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of project management, fundraising or grant management;
- Financial background and experience is an advantage;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Proven experience with data systems;
- Able to analyze and work with large sets of data (Excel and other databases);
- Excellent writing skills in English and preferably Dutch, French and/or Spanish;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with eye for detail;
- Cultural and organizational sensitivity;
- Flexible, pro-active, customer and result-oriented;
- War Child is a young and dynamic organization.
- We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees.
- We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs.
- War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
Informeren en solliciteren
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 27th of November 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using this link. Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network! The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.