||14 jul 2017
||26 jul 2017
The Niger Country Offfice is currently recruiting for the Lake Chad Basin Response a Finance Manager. Fulltime/ 40 hours a weekuntil 30 September 2017. Based in Niamey Issuing of contract is subject to funding by our donors.
Purpose of the position
To improve and monitor all financial aspects of the Diffa and Niamey programme, including the management of financial risks. To ensure that financial procedures are established, adhered to, and non compliance challenged. To provide financial information and monitoring to programme staff. To work closely with the Country Finance Teams to provide quality financial information, process payments and maintain comprehensive accounting records. To establish financial systems in the Diffa Office and capacity build finance staff.
- To take a lead on assessment of finance functions in the relevant sub office and setting up finance structure thereafter;
- To ensure effective financial management, asset management and financial accountability in relation to the Response Program;
- To lead the resource planning (budgeting) process for the program and ensure review, consolidation and submission of budget within timeframe;
- Responsible for financial management (including banking and cash flow) across the programme, ensuring the application of Oxfam’s financial policies and procedures, in collaboration with and the Country Finance team;
- To ensure effective interface with HR and Logistics on various elements of financial systems and processes related to the response work;
- To ensure the preparation of high quality financial reports, review/monitor financial performance against budget, provide analysis/commentary on these as required by the SMT;
- Ensure that all donor financial reporting requirements are complied with and that donor financial reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner;
- Ensure effective, timely and accurate functioning and monitoring of the complete financial systems, including maintaining the completeness and integrity of data within the system, generating necessary reports and authorising monthly data compilation in the system;
- Liaise with the bankers and other government departments on financial issues as required.
- To be responsible for the implementation of Oxfam’s relevant organisational standards (Fraud & Loss prevention) and compliance with legal obligations;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting requirements including providing audited accounts for the Government, if required;
- Ensure compliance with local law in finance and related areas;
- Ensure internal control procedures exist and are followed;
- Conduct monitoring visits to partner organisation on a regular basis in line with Oxfam-partner agreements.
Programme Management :
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of programmes and management processes in the finance office;
- Support and guide the Programme Management Team in financial management linked to programme work;
- Participate and contribute to strategic planning processes, ensuring financial management and risk implications are considered in all processes;
- Lead on and support programme in assessments and building financial management capacity of Partners;
- Produce the monthly BvA of the Diffa programs with relevant analyzes and recommendations.
- To be involved in the preparation of role profiles for sub-office finance staff;
- To be responsible for the effective performance management of finance staff reporting to the position, ensuring assessment, development and performance management against objectives and organisationally agreed competencies;
- Accountable for implementing Oxfam’s people management policies, procedures and standards;
- Manage and supervise the staff directly reporting to the position and ensure that any training needs are identified and met;
- Support a climate of continuous professional improvement in finance.
- Report to the Business and systeme Manager on challenges and proposals for solutions to these challenges.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- You have a Bachelors/Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or related field;
- Professionally qualified finance manager or coordinator, preferably with experience in a large emergency and / or complex organisation, and the ability to influence and support colleagues in appreciating the importance of financial standards, procedures and controls;
- Experience in finance and grant management, ideally with at least two years working in a supervisory position;
- Sound understanding of institutional donors and previous experience in producing high quality donor reports;
- Effective verbal and written French and English communication skills, including high-level interpersonal and representational capabilities;
- A strong commitment to Oxfam’s purpose, a broad understanding of the work culture in the “development” sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility and a commitment to humanitarian principles and action ;
- An understanding of gender and diversity considerations within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities in the workplace and the programme.
- The post holder reports to the Finance and Systems Director (BSM).
- Works in close collaboration with the HR, Logistics, Programme and Funding Unit
- The following positions report to the postholder:
- Finance Manager Diffa
- Donor Accountant
What we offer
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2962,-- to € 4557,-- gross based on 40 hours a week
Informeren en solliciteren
Please submit your application via this URL and include your motivation letter and CV. Apply before the 26th of July.