Regional Security and Safety Advisor (African Region)
||07 aug 2017
||28 aug 2017
Within the African Region War Child operates country offices and field locations in DR Congo, South Sudan, Uganda and Burundi, as well as supporting activities in countries without a continuous presence. War Child is currently implementing psychosocial, child protection and education programs through a community based and child rights approach. Our use of creative methods across all activities significantly contributes to the psychosocial wellbeing of children and youth who have suffered from conflict. War Child is committed to add value to the developments of sustainable programming that serve the local needs.
War Child offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands. War Child offers good remuneration and excellent benefits. Please visit our website www.warchildholland.org for more information on the organisation and the programme.
- Coordinate and guide the efforts of Country Safety and Security Advisors/ Focal Points within your region of responsibility to operationalize safety and security management;
- In close collaboration with Regional leadership and Country Management Teams you will implement and maintain proper standards on security related planning, mitigation and reporting in line with War Child’s Global policies;
- In addition to the regional tasks the initial posting will mainly be focused on providing support and advice to our DR Congo mission.
- An extended Job Description can be found here:
Functie-eisen en profiel
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing/ advising on security and safety matters with (I)NGOs, International Organizations or UN agencies in emergency response settings;
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written);
- Advanced Training certificate in first aid, security, emergency response, logistics and/ or related field;
- Hands-on knowledge of security and safety gadgets and equipment (use and maintenance);
- Proven understanding of humanitarian and human rights principles and frameworks;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment, with the ability to meaningfully synthesize diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources and to develop clear and actionable recommendations based on that information;
- Strong skills in documentation and filing, written reporting, and the elaboration of work-related documents (SOPs, strategies etc.)
- Ability to set up or adapt viable security systems and frameworks in a context of unpredictable or rapidly evolving threats;
- Track record in successfully building the capacity of multi-disciplinary teams in multi-cultural settings;
- - Able to effectively (remote) manage security staff and coach them to achieve their set KPI’s;
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote field sites.
- Location: Bukavu, South Kivu, DR Congo with occasional travels within the mentioned Region
- Contract: 1 year (extendable)
- Starting date: a.s.a.p.
Informeren en solliciteren
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a CV and a letter of motivation before the 28th of August. Make sure to use this link to apply. Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network! The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.